** For individuals considering pursuing one of our graduate programs. Please contact Christy Buck for more details and to rsvp for this event.
** Parking information
Our doctoral program has four primary strands:
- Higher education faculty
- Informal education (leadership and instruction)
- Pre-college educators and curriculum supervisors (K-12)
- Education researchers/evaluators
Please note: If you are currently enrolled in a master’s degree program in our College of Education and are interested in pursuing a Ph.D., you must formally apply to the program through the Graduate School.
- 3.0 GPA
- Strong writing and analytic skills
- Competitive GRE scores
- Desire to conduct research
- Two years of experience in science education
- Ideally have already completed 24 hours of science, engineering or science-related coursework at the undergraduate level
Course of Study
The program can be accomplished either part-time or full-time. Full-time students can complete the program in 3-4 years. Science Education courses are in a two-year cycle, and a new cycle begins in the fall semester.