Change Lives. And Change the World. Be a Teaching Fellow.
Join the North Carolina Teaching Fellows Program at the NC State College of Education and receive at least $8,250 per year in forgivable loans to teach science, technology, engineering, mathematics or special education. Through us, you will leverage NC State’s standing as a STEM powerhouse to deepen your content knowledge, qualify for more leadership opportunities, and enhance your effectiveness and impact as a teacher.
Who is Eligible?
- Seniors in high school in North Carolina
- Current NC State students transferring into the NC State College of Education or adding a double major in education
- Students at other community colleges or colleges in North Carolina transferring into a teacher education program
- Individuals in North Carolina already with a bachelor’s degree seeking a teacher license
- Oct. 1, 2018 | Application opens
- Jan. 7, 2019 | Application deadline
- March 2019 | Finalists interviews
- April 1, 2019 | Selections notified
- June 1, 2019 | Deadline to accept award
* Note: You must apply to both the Teaching Fellows program and to NC State.
When you join NC State’s N.C. Teaching Fellows Program, you join one of the nation's best teacher education programs.
Signature experiences that prepare you to teach and lead include personalized learning, leadership training, cultural immersion trips, Beginning Teacher Institute and more
Study at the university Money ranks No. 1 in value and receive $8,250 in loan forgiveness per year
Join alumni who rate as the best overall performing teachers on statewide measures
Enhance your opportunities by studying at N.C.'s STEM powerhouse and No. 1 producer of STEM educators
Learn from top faculty who produce teachers who score 30 points higher on licensing exams than the average
Be part of a nurturing community that has U.S.'s 2nd-best graduation rate among colleges of education
Take courses online, in the evening or through a mix of in-person and online depending on program