College of Education
The NC State University College of Education is dedicated to setting and achieving high goals for the development of professionals, the advancement of research, and the educational success of all North Carolinians. The College offers graduate and undergraduate degrees across many disciplines to prepare outstanding teachers and leaders to improve education. The College of Education development team works in close relationship with the Dean to increase private financial support through strategic engagement and advocacy among all constituencies in order to advance the vision and priorities of the College.
Department Head Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development
The ELPHD Department Head reports to the Dean of the College and works collaboratively with the College leadership team to realize the vision and mission of the College. The Head is responsible for the administration of the Department and provides leadership to enhance the quality and impact of faculty research, teaching, and service efforts. He or she recruits, recommends, hires, and supervises faculty and departmental staff, and manages departmental budgets. The Head promotes the department through representation in college, university, and external strategic initiatives. The Department Head may also engage in research, teaching, publication, externally funded projects, and other professional activities.
Assistant/Associate Professor or Professor of Practice in Community College Leadership
- Co-direct the Ed.D. program in adult and community college education;
- Teach (face-to-face, hybrid, and online) courses and effectively recruit, guide and advise graduate students in the Ed.D. program;
- Maintain a record of scholarly research, publication, and externally sponsored work with a content focus in community college leadership;
- Provide collaborative leadership in AWCPE to advance the community college leadership focus of the program, with particular attention to research and scholarship fostering student success;
- Contribute to program design, development and evaluation of community college-related programs;
- Contribute to the overall departmental and college missions through research, teaching and engagement/outreach service; and
- Engage in collaborative curriculum design and planning, contribute to the intellectual diversity of the department and mentor junior faculty members.
Assistant Professor of Literacy and English Language Arts Education
- Establish and maintain a scholarly research, publication and grant-writing record on English language learners/English education that is aligned with a Research University (very high research activity);
- Teach (face-to-face, hybrid, online) courses and advise undergraduate and graduate students;
- Contribute to program development and evaluation at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels;
- Contribute to the overall departmental and college missions through research, teaching, outreach, and service; and
- Engage in partnerships with high schools and in research that furthers the LELA-PAS’s attention to English language learners/English education in ways that help close achievement gaps in North Carolina.
Assistant Professor of Special Education
- Establish and maintain scholarship expressed through research, publications and successful grant- writing record that is aligned with a Doctoral University with Highest Research Activity;
- Teach (face-to-face, hybrid, online courses) in graduate degree programs, including the Master of Education and MAT, and advise graduate students;
- Contribute to program development and evaluation at the master’s and doctoral levels;
- Collaborate with colleagues in the department and college in research and activities that further the focus of the Scholar Leader Ph.D. degrees;
- Contribute to the overall departmental mission through research, teaching and service; and
- Engage in partnerships with public K-12 schools that focus on closing achievement gaps in North Carolina.