Holmes Scholars Program
As a member of the American Association of College and Teacher Education (AACTE), the College of Education is part of the AACTE Holmes Scholars Program. This program is designed to enhance the education profession by recruiting, preparing, and sustaining scholar-leaders who reflect and understand the implications of diverse perspectives in the nation’s learning communities. AACTE is the leading voice on educator preparation and represents more than 800 postsecondary institutions.
Overview of the Holmes Scholars Program
The Holmes Program is, by all accounts, a model of best practice. The Holmes Program provides mentorship, peer support, and rich professional development opportunities to doctoral students. The Holmes program also strives to assist AACTE in developing an exceptional pool of diverse candidates for faculty and leadership positions within education.
The NC State Holmes Scholars, established in fall 2022, receive financial support to attend the Annual AACTE Meeting and Holmes Scholars Preconference meeting, as well as one-time support to attend the AACTE Summer Policy Institute and Holmes Dissertation Retreat and Research Symposium.
Benefits of Holmes Scholars
- Monthly NC State Holmes Scholars Program gatherings and professional development
- Access to guidance from the NC State Holmes Scholars Program Coordinator, Program Manager, and College of Education Holmes Scholars Faculty Mentors
- Access to a national network of faculty and peers, professional development, and more
- Funding for attending the Holmes Preconference at the AACTE Annual Meeting
- Funding to attend the AACTE Research and Dissertation Retreat
- Funding for the AACTE Holmes Program Summer Policy Institute and Day on the Hill
- All students will engage in research, networking, and other scholarship throughout their tenure as a Holmes student
2023-24 Holmes Scholars
Ph.D. in Teacher Education and Learning Sciences with Concentration in Educational Equity
Ph.D. in Teacher Education and Learning Sciences: Mathematics Education Concentration
Ph.D. in Teacher Education and Learning Sciences: Educational Equity Concentration
Ph.D. in Teacher Education & Learning Sciences: Educational Psychology Concentration
Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development with Concentration in Counseling and Counselor Education
Ph.D. in Teacher Education and Learning Sciences: Literacy and English Language Arts Concentration