Alison Winzeler, Ph.D.
Alternative Licensure Director
NC TEACH Director | Pathway to Practice NC Coordinator
NC State University | College of Education
Poe Hall | Campus Box 7801 | Raleigh, NC 27695
- Double check the eligibility requirements to make sure you qualify. Note that all candidates must have a teaching position to qualify for this program.
- Fill out the online application (opens September 15). You must use (or create) a gmail account to fill out this form and upload your transcripts and other documents (if you do not, you will receive an error message).
- An incomplete application will not be processed. All required information and official, legible transcripts must be uploaded. You can open the envelope of the official transcript and scan it to PDF to upload.
Here is a preview of the items that need to be ready as PDFs when you fill out the application:
- All official academic transcripts (must be official, legible). If you have transfer credits on your degree-granting institution, then you must provide the original college transcript as well. These show the specific names of courses that are necessary to write an accurate Plan of Study. Upload only one file per university (combine pages).
- If your transcript is from a university outside the United States, you must also have the international transcript evaluation. These applicants will need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by World Education Services (WES). WES will verify institutional accreditation status and complete a course-by-course evaluation containing the following: a description of credentials, including name, year awarded, name of institution attended, and major of field of study. It also provides the U.S. equivalent for each credential and lists all post-secondary subjects with their corresponding value expressed in the terms of U.S. semester credit and grade equivalents.
- Two names and emails of references that will be filling out the referral form (cannot be family members).
- Copies of the Praxis II score report (if available).
- A copy of your Residency or Temporary License (if available).
- TOEFL scores (if applicable – candidates need the TOEFL if they have a degree from an institution outside the United States).
- Note: those with current teaching positions have priority acceptance. If you do not have a teaching position, you may be added to a wait-list.
2. Pay the $75 application fee. (This is an online portal which will be active when the application opens).