Alternative Licensure Director
NC TEACH Director | Pathway to Practice NC Coordinator
NC State University | College of Education
Poe Hall | Campus Box 7801 | Raleigh, NC 27695
1. Fill out the online form: https://goo.gl/forms/l7TAoKG6IkwicsUp1
2. The Supplementary Application Packet (please mail or drop off in one package):
- A cover page with your name, the date, your subject area & level.
- All official academic transcripts (undergraduate, postbac., and graduate).
- $75 non-refundable application fee (check or money order made payable to North Carolina State University).
- Two letters of reference (download and print the NC TEACH recommendation form to give to references. Return reference forms in signed and sealed envelopes).
- If applicable: Copies of Praxis II scores, TOEFL scores, and/or your Provisional License.
- Applications cannot be reviewed until all materials (online and supplementary) are received (if any items are missing, it will delay the review process and admission into Spring Start might also be delayed).
- Because of the high volume of inquiries during the application periods, the NC TEACH staff cannot evaluate transcripts without an application. Please use the resources available to determine your eligibility.
- Candidates may be asked to interview with the NC TEACH or College of Education Faculty.
- Applications may be deferred up to one semester. After one semester, candidates must resubmit an application to NC TEACH.
- For information on which Praxis test to take, please review the NC State Praxis II North Carolina Licensure Exam Requirements(Download PDF).
- In addition to the NC State Praxis II PDF, students should also refer to the Praxis website(link is external) to double check and/or see if there is an exam they wish to register for that is not listed on the document.
- Once candidates are accepted into the NC TEACH program, they must apply to the Non-degree Studies office (NDS) to obtain their student account information. The NDS office conducts criminal background checks that may prevent candidates from taking courses at NC State. The NDS office is also where candidates officially report residency status for tuition purposes.
International Students also need the following:
- If your degree is from outside the United States, a TOEFL score of 80 (with a score of 18 on Listening, 18 on Reading, 18 on Writing, and 18 on Speaking).
- A transcript evaluation (course-by-course) by a review agency. We have provided a list of review agencies below.
Please note that students with a J or F visa are not permitted to take classes in the program because of the restrictions on the Distance Education host site location.
Mail all the supplementary application materials in ONE package to:
NC TEACH Director
North Carolina State University
Campus Box 7801
Raleigh, NC 27695-7271
International Transcript Review Agencies
International Education Evaluations, Inc.
(704) 772-0109 or (704)545-2485
www.foreigntranscripts.com(link is external)
World Education Services
Phone: (800) 937-3895
https://www.wes.org/(link is external)
Educational Credential Evaluations, Inc.
Phone: (414) 289-3400
https://www.ece.org/(link is external)
International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
Phone: (310) 258-9451
https://www.ierf.org/(link is external)
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
Phone: (305) 273-1616
https://www.jsilny.com/(link is external)