Be prepared to teach in K-12 schools and in the content area of your choice through our accelerated teaching licensure program with a 100% online option. You will earn both an initial teaching license and a master’s degree from North Carolina’s leading college of education. As the No. 1 best college for your money in the state, we offer an affordable pathway to becoming a teacher and flexible and convenient schedules that work for you. Plus, scholarship opportunities are available.
We offer 10 content areas for our Master of Arts in Teaching. Find the right fit for you.
Why NC State’s Master of Arts in Teaching
- Offered 100% online
- Complete part time or full time (and earn your master’s in as little as 14-20 months if full time)
- Prepare to teach in any type of learning environment, including in-person, remotely or a mix
- Scholarship opportunities of up to $2,000 available
- Strong instruction from nationally recognized faculty with K-12 teaching experience
- Choose from 10 content areas
- Hands-on teaching experience in culturally diverse and technology-enhanced classrooms
- Earn an affordable degree from a public university recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Money as the best value
- Earn both a master’s degree and initial teacher license for less than $16,000 total
- A state-approved Educator Preparation Program and accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
The level of education I have received at NC State is extraordinary. I have attended conferences, been placed at an excellent school for my student teaching experience and have interacted with outstanding faculty and staff.
Master of Arts in Teaching Graduate 2021
ranked college of education in the nation
most effective teaching alumni based on employer surveys
producer of STEM educators in N.C.