As the No. 1 best college for your money and the No. 1 college for military personnel and veterans in the state, we offer an affordable pathway to becoming a teacher through our accelerated teaching licensure program, which offers a 100% online option.
Earn both an initial teaching license and a master’s degree from North Carolina’s leading college of education, and be prepared to teach in K-12 schools and in the content area of your choice.
College for Veterans in North Carolina
College in the Nation for Veterans
Ranked Military Friendly School
Why the NC State College of Education?
- 100% online option
- Complete part time or full time
- Take courses out-of-state or country based on deployment
- Receive customized support and services for military personnel and veterans
- Scholarship opportunities of up to $2,000 available
- Strong instruction from nationally recognized faculty with K-12 experience
- Student teach anywhere within the state of North Carolina
- Earn both a master's degree and initial teacher license for less than $14,000 total
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Military and Veteran Services
NC State proudly welcomes our nation's veterans and military families. Our military-friendly university is a top-ranked institution for veterans. We offer support and services for military personnel, veterans and their families to help them succeed and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Did You Know?
The state of North Carolina will recognize every year of military leadership you have as work experience, which means you can enter the public schools at a higher income rate.
- John Doe
Retired Army Sergeant | MAT - Special Education
Extraordinary Educators Prepare at the NC State College of Education. Join Them.
College for Your Money in North Carolina
Master of Arts in Teaching Program in North Carolina
Teacher Preparation Program in North Carolina