Adult & Lifelong Learning Degree and Certificate Options
The Adult & Lifelong Learning graduate degrees and certificate are highly applicable, practical and flexible for your career needs. Our graduates work in state, national or international higher education, business and industry, healthcare, K-12, non-governmental/community organizations, pastoral care, military, and more.
The Master’s degrees and graduate certificate are offered fully online and allow for learner autonomy as well as opportunities to connect with students, faculty members and professional networks. The Ph.D. concentration in Adult & Lifelong Education offers students a chance for depth of study and expertise building in niche areas across the field. You can begin your studies at anytime – we offer rolling monthly admissions for the M.Ed., M.S. and Graduate certificate.
Explore our options in Adult & Lifelong Learning:
- Master of Education: Specialization in Adult and Continuing Professional Education
- Master of Education: Specialization in Health Professions Education
- Master of Education: Specialization in Community College Teaching
- Master of Education in Training and Development
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development: Adult & Lifelong Education Concentration
- Certificate in Teaching, Training, and Educational Technology Certificate (including six specializations)
Why study Adult & Lifelong Learning at NC State
Adult & Lifelong Learning faculty examples of research and engagement include:
Why Study Adult & Lifelong Learning at NC State
Complete your degree or certificate all online
Integrate the best of established adult and lifelong education topics with emerging
Study at a nationally top-ranked college of education and at the university that tops N.C. in value
Through our Adult & Lifelong Learning program, you will . . .
In one of these professions? Consider a degree in Adult & Lifelong Learning.
- Nonprofit directors, learning officers
- International education organizations
- Social workers in educational settings
- Health professions (practicing and clinical)
- Hospital training/learning and assessment departments; IPE centers
- Workplace instructional designers, training directors, HR
- Student services for adult learners, veterans, and advising nontraditional populations
- K-12 professional development of teachers
- Community college faculty (Academic, Continuing Ed, Allied Health, Prison Education, Basic Skills)
dig deeper into in Adult & Lifelong learning
Master of Education in Adult Community College Education
Master of Education in Training Development
Graduate Certificate in Teaching, Training, and Educational Technology
Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, Policy, and Human Development: Adult and Lifelong Education Concentration