We leverage expertise and networks to generate new knowledge, enhance learner experiences, improve communities and advance education as a field of research and practice.
We view impact as the foundation of our work and, by embracing the power of impact, we strive to leave a lasting and positive legacy. Our mission’s core is a deep-rooted commitment to making a meaningful difference in the world. We believe learning and development have the power to transform lives and communities. Through strategic partnerships and collaborations, we leverage collective expertise to amplify our impact and extend the meaning and reach of what we do. Our research endeavors are driven by the goals of developing innovative practices that improve learner experiences and outcomes, finding the answers to pressing challenges and transforming education. We champion the successes of our faculty, staff and students, amplifying their impact as we fulfill our land-grant mission and contribute to the betterment of society through education.
Strategic Priority 4.1: Reimagine how the College of Education engages in external partnerships. (Wolfpack 2030: Goals 2, 3, 6, 70
- Expand structural supports for the development and success of external collaboration, research partnerships with schools and educators, and donor relationships.
- Build upon the expertise and relationships of the Belk Center for Community College Leadership and Research and the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation to strategically position the College of Education as a leader in creating, catalyzing and expanding collaborations, partnerships and development opportunities.
- Cultivate and sustain meaningful relationships with prospective and established donors through consistent communication, engagement opportunities and recognition of their support.
Strategic Priority 4.2: Catalyze the application of research into impact-focused outcomes within communities. (Wolfpack 2030: Goals 3, 6, 7)
- Establish the College of Education as the recognized authority and leader in North Carolina for innovative educational practices by developing and promoting evidence-based models that inform and enhance the field of education.
- Evaluate and, as necessary, modify expectations related to the impact and outcome of faculty and staff work to incentivize and reward impact-focused community engagement.
- Grow internal resources to translate research and research-based best practices into accessible formats for practitioners.
Strategic Priority. 4.3: Expand visibility into the College of Education’s impact through strategic communication and storytelling. (Wolfpack 2030: Goals 5, 6, 7)
- Highlight events, such as research symposiums, to build a compelling impact story and increase the reach of the college’s research.
- Establish consistent metrics for measuring the impact and effectiveness of the College of Education’s programs, initiatives and key functions.
- Number of external partnerships developed and maintained
- Annual fundraising revenue commitments and growth*
- Quantity of new and retained donors
- Public citations
- Diversity of partnerships and communities served
- Proportion of overall research output e.g., (articles, presentations) translated into accessible formats (e.g., plain language summaries, policy briefs, infographics,
- multimedia content)
- Number of public-facing publications, presentations
- and trainings
- Use of standard, collegewide metrics for measuring engagement and impact across projects
*Denotes direct alignment with Wolfpack 2030: Powering the Extraordinary strategic plan metrics