Finding Funding Opportunities
The Research Development Office can assist faculty in finding research funding opportunities. Contact Tish Attayek or Jane Casteline if you would like assistance. Also, we regularly send education related funding opportunities to interested College of Education faculty and staff. To subscribe to the College of Education Funding Listserv send an email request to Tish Attayek.
Because many funding opportunities are annual, it can be useful to see the grant programs that were announced via the listserv over the course of a year so you can start planning next year’s proposals.
Search for Funding
Below are links to University-subscribed funding search engines and other information on setting up funding alerts with InfoEd SPIN, and grants.gov. Use these links to set up funding searches tailored specifically to your research interests. Also, below are links to federal funding agency websites including NSF and the US Department of Education (IES), and internal NC State funding programs. Use these links to search for current and future funding opportunities.
External Funding Agencies
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- NSF Funding – Broadening Participation in STEM through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- NSF Current and Pending
- NSF Biosketch
- NSF Proposal Toolkit
- NSF Awarded Research Grants
- Get NSF funding alerts via e-mail
- US Department of Education
- Institute of Education Science (IES)
- IES Awarded Research Grants
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- UCLA Graduate Education – Funding Database
Internal Funding Programs
Listed below is information and links to the university’s internal funding opportunity programs that support faculty and staff in their research and professional development activities.
- DELTA Innovation in Distributed Education Applications (IDEA) Grants
- Faculty Research & Professional Development Fund (FR&PD)
- Non-Laboratory Scholarship/Research Support Program (NSRP)
- Research and Innovation Seed Funding
- Game-Changing Research Incentive Program (GRIP)
- Chancellor’s Innovation Fund
- Internationalization Seed Grants
- Outreach and Engagement (O&E) Incentive Grants Program