To Register, please send your name, email address, area of interest (i.e., Science Education, Mathematics Education or Technology Engineering & Design Education) and degree desired (Masters or Doctoral) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our master’s program is designed for professionals who wish to develop their instructional competencies in fields related to technology, engineering and design education as well as those who wish to be supervisors and administrators of technology education programs. We offer a Master of Education in Technology Education. The Master of Education is a Distance Education Program that can be taken totally online. It requires 30-semester hour credits without a thesis and is most appropriate for individuals seeking advanced licensure with additional hours.
Upon completion, graduates will have the necessary background to then complete their doctoral.
Since test scores and grade point averages are not perfect measures of student abilities, a comprehensive evaluation form is used to determine eligibility. Items considered on the evaluation form are:
- 3.0 GPA or above on previous graduate work
- High ratings from the three reference letters
- An outline of career goals
- Applicant’s appropriateness of education and experience for the program
Technology Education faculty members will review the materials, make recommendation on admission and note if they would be willing to chair applicant’s advisory committee. Once faculty reviews are completed, they meet to determine admission or to hold an interview with the applicant before a final admission decision is made.
Course of Study
The master’s program can be completed within two years. Part-time students usually complete the program within three to four years.
Course descriptions can be found in the university course catalog. Below is a sample of core course offerings.
- TED 530 Foundations for Teaching Technology
- TED 534 Instructional Design in Technical and Technology Education
- TED 552 Curricula for Emerging Technologies
- TED 555 Developing and Implementing Technology Education
- TED 558 Teaching Creative Problem Solving
- EAC 551 Research in Adult & Higher Education
Sample Online Master of Education Degree, Option B – Technology Education may be found here.