First-Year Student Registration Information
Welcome to the NC State College of Education! We are so glad that you are joining us. This page provides the information you will need to prepare for registration for the fall of 2023. In addition to our instructions, please make sure you complete
the New Student Checklist.
Advising modules are for first-year students. If you are a transfer student, please reach out to your academic advisor directly.
To access the advising modules, visit: https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu/login/index.php. Log in with your Unity ID and Password. Information on your Unity ID and Password is on the New Student Checklist.
Your advising hold will not be released until you have completed your advising modules. Please note that there may be up to a two-business-day delay between the completion of your modules and the release of your hold.
For questions, please review our FAQ below. If your question is not addressed there, please contact email@example.com.
- May 1, 2023: Deadline for paying your Advanced Enrollment Deposit through WolfPaw.
- The week of May 8-12, 2023: You will receive more information from us about fall enrollment. Check your personal and NC State email account. Set up your NC State email account by this date.
- May 15, 2023: The New Student Advising Modules will open for first-year College of Education students. Be sure to complete the modules as soon as possible in order to have your advising hold released in a timely manner. Your academic advisor will also be assigned to you on this date.
- May 20, 2023: Deadline to complete placement exams. You must complete the math test (chemistry if science education or math education who plans on double majoring with mathematics) in order to enroll.
- June 1, 2023: College of Education students can sign up for fall 2023 classes – IF you have completed the College of Education Advising Certification Statement and the NC State math placement test and chemistry placement test if you are pursuing science education or math education with a double major in mathematics.
- June 20-21, 2023: College of Education New Student Orientation Session. If you are unable to attend this date, check with New Student Programs about the make-up dates.
Dates may vary as we get updated information from our campus partners.
Q: How do I set up my email account?
Once you set up your unity account with NC State, you can log into your email using gmail.com.
- Your username: “YourUnityID”@ncsu.edu (you must have “@ncsu.edu”)
- Password: Same as Unity ID password
- View “Access Your Unity Account” at https://newstudents.dasa.ncsu.edu/checklist/
Q: I want to change my intended major to a major that is not in the College of Education. How do I do this?
June 1 (fall entry) and July 1 (spring entry) are the deadlines for requesting changes to your major. You must contact undergraduate admissions.
Q: How do I find out who my academic advisor is?
Login to MyPack Portal and go to the “Student Center.” You should see a name in the “Advisor” section. Click on the “Details” link for full contact information.
AP/IB and Transfer Credit
Q: I have AP/IB/transfer credit. Do I still have to take the NC State math and chemistry placement tests?
Yes, the math placement test is required. You will not be able to enroll in fall courses until you have completed these. Typically, AP, IB and transfer scores/credits do not populate in the enrollment system until mid-July. This will delay your ability to enroll in appropriate courses. Final enrollment is always based on your highest score, so when your AP/IB/transfer credits do come in, you can make changes to your schedule then, if necessary. If you are planning on majoring in science education or math education with dual degrees in mathematics or statistics you must take the chemistry placement test.
Q: Will I get credit for my AP/IB courses?
Q: Where do I find information on the NC State math and chemistry exam?
Q: I don’t understand how to use the Enrollment Wizard.
- Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKJil1Yq24
- Courses in your shopping cart will be blue. Once you are able to enroll, click the enroll button and the courses that you are registered for will be green.
Q: Do I enroll at orientation?
No. You will enroll before orientation. Follow instructions through the Advising Modules. Also, make sure you are checking your NC State email address for guidance from your advisor.
Q: Am I supposed to take ENG 101?
Students will take ENG 101 in their first or second semester.
Q: I can’t find a Heath and Exercise class to add. What should I do?
You are not required to take a Health and Exercise course this fall, you can take them at any time before graduation.
Until you have an assigned advisor. Please use the firstname.lastname@example.org email address for support. Phone numbers are listed, however, our quickest and most efficient form of communication is email.
Student Engagement in the College of Education
Learn more about clubs and organizations