Welcome to the NC State College of Education! We are so glad that you are joining us. This page provides the information you will need to prepare for registration for the fall of 2020.
Advising modules are for first-year students. If you are a transfer student, please reach out to your academic advisor directly.
- To access the advising modules, visit: https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu/login/index.php.
- Log in with your Unity ID and Password. Information on your Unity ID and Password is on the New Student Checklist.
- Your advising hold will not be released until you have completed your advising modules. Please note that there may be up to a two business day delay between the completion of your modules and the release of your hold.
- All College of Education students are required to complete the math placement test, even if you anticipate AP/IB or transfer credit. If you do not complete the placement test, you will be prevented from enrolling in fall courses until these have been completed.
- If you plan to major in science education or math education with a dual degree in mathematics, you must take the chemistry placement test, even if you anticipate AP/IB or transfer credit.
- Every major at NC State has different policies in regards to the placement tests and enrollment. College of Education students, please use the guidance above.
- May 1, 2020: Deadline for paying your Advanced Enrollment Deposit through WolfPaw.
- May 15, 2020: You will receive more information from us about fall enrollment. Check your personal and NC State email account.
- Set up your NC State email account. We will no longer email your personal email account so you will miss important information if you are not using your NC State email account instead.
- May 20, 2020: Deadline to complete placement exams. You must complete the math test (chemistry if science education or math education who plans on double majoring with mathematics) in order to enroll.
- May 31, 2020 (Tentative Date): Be sure to complete your enrollment modules by noon this day to have your enrollment hold lifted in time to sign up for classes.
- June 1, 2020: College of Education students can sign up for fall 2020 classes – IF you have completed the CED Advising Certification Statement and the NC State math placement test and chemistry placement test if you are pursuing science education or math education with a double major in mathematics.
- June 22-23, 2020: College of Education New Student Orientation Session
Dates may vary as we get updated information from our campus partners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I set up my email account?
Once you set up your unity account with NC State, you can log into your email using gmail.com.
- Your username: “YourUnityID”@ncsu.edu (you must have “@ncsu.edu”)
- Password: Same as Unity ID password
- View “Access Your Unity Account” at https://newstudents.dasa.ncsu.edu/checklist/
Q: I want to change my intended major to a major that is not in the College of Education. How do I do this?
June 1 (fall entry) and July 1 (spring entry) are the deadlines for requesting changes to your major. You must contact undergraduate admissions.
Q: How do I find out who my academic advisor is?
Login to MyPack Portal and go to the “Student Center.” You should see a name in the “Advisor” section. Click on the “Details” link for full contact information.
Q: I have AP/IB/transfer credit. Do I still have to take the NC State math and chemistry placement tests?
Yes, the math placement test is required. You will not be able to enroll in fall courses until you have completed these. Typically, AP, IB and transfer scores/credits do not populate in the enrollment system until mid-July. This will delay your ability to enroll in appropriate courses. Final enrollment is always based on your highest score, so when your AP/IB/transfer credits do come in, you can make changes to your schedule then, if necessary. If you are planning on majoring in science education or math education with dual degrees in mathematics or statistics you must take the chemistry placement test.
Q: Will I get credit for my AP/IB courses?
Q: Where do I find information on the NC State math and chemistry exam?
Q: I don’t understand how to use the Enrollment Wizard.
- Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKJil1Yq24
- Courses in your shopping cart will be blue. Once you are able to enroll, click the enroll button and the courses that you are registered for will be green.
Q: Do I enroll at orientation?
No. You will enroll before orientation. Follow instructions through the Advising Modules. Also, make sure you are checking your NC State email address for guidance from your advisor.
Q: Am I supposed to take ENG 101?
Students will take ENG 101 in their first or second semester.
Q: I can’t find a HES class to add. What should I do?
You are not required to take an HES course this fall, you can take them at any time before graduation.