Skip to main content

First-Year Student Registration Information

Welcome to the NC State College of Education! We are so glad that you are joining us. This page provides the information you will need to prepare for registration for the fall of 2024. In addition to our instructions, please make sure you complete
the New Student Checklist.

Advising Modules

Advising modules are for first-year students. If you are a transfer student, please reach out to your academic advisor directly.

To access the advising modules, visit: Log in with your Unity ID and Password. Information on your Unity ID and Password is on the New Student Checklist. Then select “Projects” and then select “Fall 2024 College of Education New Student Advising Modules.” The Modules will become available on May 22, please watch your email for details.

Your advising hold will not be released until you have completed your advising modules. Please note that there may be up to a two-business-day delay between the completion of your modules and the release of your hold.

For questions, please review our FAQ below. If your question is not addressed there, please contact

Placement Tests

All College of Education students are required to complete the math placement test, even if you anticipate AP/IB or transfer credit. If you do not complete the placement test, you will be prevented from enrolling in fall courses until these have been completed.

If you plan to major in science education or math education with a dual degree in mathematics, you must take the chemistry placement test, even if you anticipate AP/IB or transfer credit.

Every major at NC State has different policies in regards to the placement tests and enrollment. College of Education students, please use the guidance above.

students in classroom taking notes

Important Dates

  • May 15, 2024: Deadline for paying your Advanced Enrollment Deposit through WolfPaw.
  • May 20, 2024: You will receive more information from us about fall enrollment. Check your personal and NC State email account. Set up your NC State email account by this date.
  • May 22, 2024: The New Student Advising Modules will open for first-year College of Education students. Be sure to complete the modules as soon as possible in order to have your advising hold released in a timely manner. Your academic advisor will also be assigned to you on this date.
  • Prior to registration: Complete placement exams. We require you complete the math placement test regardless of your major or incoming credits. If you are a Science Education major or Math Education with a plan to do a double degree, take the Chemistry Placement test.
  • June 4-7, 2024: College of Education students can sign up for fall 2024 classes – IF you have completed the College of Education Advising Modules and the Advising Certification Statement.
  • July 8-9, 2024: College of Education New Student Orientation Session. If you are unable to attend this date, check with New Student Programs about the make-up dates.

Dates will be updated and may change as we get updated information from our campus partners.

General Questions

Q: How do I set up my email account?

Once you set up your unity account with NC State, you can log into your email using

Q: I want to change my intended major to a major that is not in the College of Education. How do I do this?

June 1 (fall entry) and July 1 (spring entry) are the deadlines for requesting changes to your major. You must contact undergraduate admissions.

Q: How do I find out who my academic advisor is?

Student can view their assigned advisor(s) by logging into MyPack Portal > Student Homepage > Planning & Enrollment tile > Advisors tab (left-hand navigation menu)

AP/IB and Transfer Credit

Q: I have AP/IB/transfer credit. Do I still have to take the NC State math and chemistry placement tests?

Yes, the math placement test is required. Typically, AP, IB and transfer scores/credits do not populate in the enrollment system until mid-July. This will delay your ability to enroll in appropriate courses. Final enrollment is always based on your highest score, so when your AP/IB/transfer credits do come in, you can make changes to your schedule then, if necessary. If you are planning on majoring in science education or math education with dual degrees in mathematics or statistics you must take the chemistry placement test.

Q: Will I get credit for my AP/IB/Dual Enrollment courses?

AP Credit:

IB Credit:

Transfer Credit from another school (Dual Enrollment/CRC/etc.): (Click on “Courses Taken at Other Institution” to get started)

Q: Where do I find information on the NC State math and chemistry exam?


Q: I don’t understand how to use the Enrollment Wizard.

  • Video Tutorial:
  • Courses in your shopping cart will be blue. Once you are able to enroll, click the enroll button and the courses that you are registered for will be green.

Q: Do I enroll at orientation?

No. You will enroll before orientation. Follow instructions through the Advising Modules. Also, make sure you are checking your NC State email address for guidance from your advisor.

Q: Am I supposed to take ENG 101?

Students will take ENG 101 in their first or second semester.  

Q: I can’t find a Heath and Exercise class to add. What should I do?

You are not required to take a Health and Exercise course this fall, you can take them at any time before graduation.

Contact Us

Until you have an assigned advisor. Please use the email address for support. Phone numbers are listed, however, our quickest and most efficient form of communication is email.

Student Engagement in the College of Education

Learn more about clubs and organizations