The Leadership Institute for Future Teachers (LIFT), held on the the campus of NC State University, is a five-day, invitational residential program for students of color and bilingual students who are rising high school seniors in North Carolina and who are interested in enhancing their leadership skills and exploring a potential career in education. Students will delve into the field of education through engaging in field-based school activities, interacting with leaders in education and exploring career options in education and related fields.
When: Sunday, June 14 to Thursday, June 18, 2020
Where: NC State University
Cost: All expenses paid except for travel to and from Raleigh
What: A five-day, invitational residential program for bilingual students and students of color who are interested in exploring a potential career in education
Who: For academically-competitive students of color and bilingual students in North Carolina who are rising seniors in high school interested in education. They can be self-nominated or be nominated by high school counselors, teachers or principals to participate in the program.
- Engage in intensive and innovative on-campus activities
- Interact with statewide leaders in education
- Enhance communication and leadership skills to be competitive for statewide and national scholarships
- Develop friendships with like-minded high school students across the state
- Be mentored by current NC State students who will serve as program co-facilitators
- Receive ongoing encouragement and support after the program through digital engagement
For Counselors, Teachers and Other Education Professionals
If you are a teacher, counselor, principal or other education professional who wishes to nominate a high school student for LIFT, please complete this Guidance Counselor nomination form. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 21.
For High School Students, Parents and Others
If you are a high school student, parent or community member who wishes to nominate yourself or a candidate for LIFT, please complete this General Nomination form. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 21.