Limited scholarships available on first come, first service basis for teachers who apply and begin courses as early as Summer 2021.
The Masters of Education (MEd) Elementary Mathematics Specialist degree program prepares teacher leaders who possess strong specialized content knowledge including a deep understanding of how elementary students learn and can apply such knowledge and understanding to their leadership and instructional practices. The program is considered Distance Education (DE) and offered off campus, at school sites in the region, to take advantage of reduced DE tuition rates. Most courses are taught through a combination of face-to-face and online instruction with professors who are experts in their fields that bring experience teaching elementary school students using theoretical and research-based methods that promote student learning and engagement.
Advanced study to become a leader in elementary mathematics opens doors and provides opportunities for you to:
- Improve your daily mathematics instruction with your students
- Build instruction on recent research of how children learn math
- Teach mathematics that spans all disciplines in an elementary school classroom
- Be a leader in elementary mathematics at your school or district
- Support other teachers’ mathematics instruction
- Become a curriculum developer
- Work in informal mathematics education centers
Receive More Info on Master's in Elementary EducationComplete this form to have someone contact you about the master's in elementary education program.
Time to Complete
Sarah J. Carrier
Graduate Program Coordinator
Graduate Student Services Specialist