Application deadline for mathematics specialization is March 15, 2021, to start Summer 2021.
The Masters of Education (MEd) Elementary Mathematics Specialist degree program prepares teacher leaders who possess strong specialized content knowledge including a deep understanding of how elementary students learn and can apply such knowledge and understanding to their leadership and instructional practices. The program is considered Distance Education (DE) and offered off campus, at school sites in the region, to take advantage of reduced DE tuition rates. Most courses are taught through a combination of face-to-face and online instruction with professors who are experts in their fields that bring experience teaching elementary school students using theoretical and research-based methods that promote student learning and engagement.Apply Now
Time to Complete
The MEd programs are designed for practicing teachers with options to take one or two courses per semester. Typically, completion of the program takes 1.5 to 2 years.
The program combines mathematics content and research-based instruction practices that support elementary students’ learning of mathematics.
Advanced study to become a leader in elementary mathematics opens doors and provides opportunities for you to:
- Improve your daily mathematics instruction with your students
- Build instruction on recent research of how children learn math
- Teach mathematics that spans all disciplines in an elementary school classroom
- Be a leader in elementary mathematics at your school or district
- Support other teachers’ mathematics instruction
- Become a curriculum developer
- Work in informal mathematics education centers