Global Graduate Presenter Award
This award supports college of education students’ efforts to present at an International Conference. An International Conference is defined as a Conference typically hosted by an international organization taking place outside of the USA. Students can have up to $1000 of their travel costs reimbursed.
Due to the current international travel restriction, presenting at international conferences virtually will be considered for 2022, and registration costs can be reimbursed instead of travel costs.
- Student must be a graduate student in the College of Education.
- Student must be enrolled full-time.
- Student must have an active appointment (on payroll) with NC State University
- Typically, this means students that are employed as a Graduate Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or a Graduate Services Assistant but it is not limited to these positions.
- Students on grant funded positions may be eligible however individual students must be reviewed on a case by case basis. (Email email@example.com if this pertains to you.)
- Students on fellowships are not eligible.
- Presentation must be at an International Conference located outside the United States of America and should take place between January 1, 2022 and August 1, 2022 to be considered. (If your conference dates start in late August 2022, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you could be eligible.) Virtual Conferences hosted by International Organizations will be considered for 2022.
- A letter from the Academic Advisor confirming full-time registration status of the student, Title of presentation, and a brief justification on how paying for this conference would benefit the applicants current role(s) in the College of Education.
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated high financial need.
Submit the application form with the required attachments (Letter from Academic Advisor, Budget Proposal & Conference Proposal Acceptance letter if available).
Students can apply prior to receiving official acceptance to the conference but must provide proof of acceptance to the conference presentation, and inform us of any other funding they may be receiving towards these costs prior to being awarded.
11:59 PM on Monday, November 15th, 2021
Approximately 2 weeks after the deadline
Post Presentation Requirement:
Award recipients are required to share the knowledge & experience gained through their international conference presentation & information about this funding opportunity with College of Education students, faculty, and staff. This could be speaking at a college of education event or class, written content, and/or other activity agreed upon with the Director of Global Programs.