Global Graduate Presenter Award
This award supports college of education students’ efforts to present at an International Conference. An International Conference is defined as a Conference typically hosted by an international organization taking place outside of the USA. Students can have up to $1500 of their travel costs reimbursed.
- graduate student in the College of Education.
- enrolled full-time.
- has an active appointment (on payroll) with NC State University
- Typically, this means students that are employed as a Graduate Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, or Graduate Services Assistant but it is not limited to these positions.
- Students in grant-funded positions may be eligible however individual students must be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. (Email Ms. Francis Jonas (email@example.com) if this pertains to you.)
- Students on fellowships are not eligible.
- Submitted/received approval for a presentation at an International Conference located outside the United States of America taking place between January 1, 2023, and August 1, 2023. (If your conference dates start in late August 2023, please email Ms. Francis Jonas – firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you could be eligible.)
- A letter from the Academic Advisor confirming the full-time registration status of the student, the Title of the presentation, and a brief justification on how paying for this conference would benefit the applicant’s current role(s) in the College of Education. This can be sent directly to Ms. Francis Jonas (email@example.com) via email if necessary.
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated high financial need.
Submit the application form with the required attachments (Letter from Academic Advisor, Budget Proposal & Conference Proposal Acceptance letter if available).
Students can apply prior to receiving official acceptance to the conference but must provide proof of acceptance to the conference presentation, and inform us of any other funding they may be receiving towards these costs prior to being awarded.
There will be two review deadlines.
Review #1: 11:59 PM on Monday, February 20th, 2023
Review #2 11:59 PM on Monday, March 20th, 2023
If you missed the above deadline, please reach out to Ms. Francis Jonas with your interest in applying.
Approximately 2 weeks after the deadline
Post Presentation Requirement:
Award recipients are required to share the knowledge & experience gained through their international conference presentation & information about this funding opportunity with College of Education students, faculty, and staff. This could be speaking at a college of education event or class, written content, and/or other activity agreed upon with the Director of Global Programs.