Dining with Democracy
Dining with Democracy invites people from different backgrounds and perspectives to come together and engage in rich discussions over dinner. Participants will partake in facilitated activities that allow them to join in open conversation and learn from one another about contemporary issues facing the American public. The 2022 Dining with Democracy event coincides with when early voting begins in North Carolina for this year’s fall elections.
2022 Event Details
- Date: Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022
- Time: 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Coastal Ballroom of Talley Student Union
- Who: Event open to the entire NC State University community, middle and high school students, teachers, parents, and community members. All are welcome!
- Credits: PGU and CEU credits are available for NC State students and North Carolina teachers.
- Etc: Dinner and dessert provided!
- Registration: This event has reached capacity, and registration is closed.
Meet the Hosts
Paula McAvoy, Ph.D., and Dr. Christy Byrd, Ph.D., associate professors in the NC State College of Education, will host the evening, and NC State College of Education students will guide participants through the discussion activities.