Johnston County Public Schools, Johnston Community College and the NC State College of Education have developed a seamless pathway that allows you to earn an affordable teaching degree and equips you to make a difference in the lives of children and youth in your home county. We’ve designed this partnership for high school students and adult learners in Johnston County.
Through the Associate in Science (Teacher Education Concentration) program, you will . . .
- Be accepted into teacher education program at NC State if you complete the associate’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Improve your competitiveness to earn scholarships at NC State, including the Goodnight Fellows, a $20,000 scholarship, and the N.C. Teaching Fellows, which provides up to $8,250 in loan forgiveness per year you teach
- Take convenient and flexible classes, including completing courses online
- Gain a foot in the door for employment with Johnston County Public Schools
- Receive field-based experiences in Johnston County
- Have access to a graduate assistant coordinator and an academic advisor at NC State
- Get a head start on the NC State experience
Receive More Information About Associate in Science (Teacher Education Concentration)Complete this form to have someone contact you about this program.
The course sequence outlined in the curriculum is suggested for full-time students pursuing an Associate in Science (Teacher Education Concentration) who have placed out of all developmental courses. Part-time students should seek advising to determine the best course sequence to meet their educational goals.