The goal of the office of Research Development is to help faculty obtain sponsored funds that will support the conduct of high-quality research and the dissemination of promising results and practices to our many constituencies.
Our services include:
- Providing assistance in identifying funding opportunities.
- Review of RFPs so that we can assist faculty effectively with the proposal development process.
- Help with identifying potential partners when additional expertise is needed.
- Management of Proposal Schedule and Deadlines.
- Assistance with budget development including preparing the budget, writing the budget justification, and providing guidance on compliance with state and federal financial regulations. Our office can provide up to date information on salaries, benefits, health insurance, tuition rates, consulting standards, travel costs, and more.
- Assistance with preparing sponsor and university proposal forms as well as collection and formatting of CVs, etc.
- Coordinating with partner organizations to obtain required subaward proposal documents.
- Proposal formatting as needed.
- Assistance with letters of support/commitment for NC State and partner organization officials.
- Electronic submission on PINS, Grants.gov, NSF FastLane, etc.
- Providing new faculty research orientation.