Linguistic Diversity Speaker Series
Join us for the first lecture part of the new Linguistic Diversity Speaker Series on March 2, 2023. Our guest speaker will be Professor Emerita Kathy Escamilla, who is widely regarded as a foremost thought leader on biliteracy development for multilingual learners.
Spring 2023 Event Details
- What: Linguistic Diversity Speaker Series
- When: Thursday, March 2, 2023 | 4-6 p.m.
- Featured Speaker: Professor Emerita Kathy Escamilla of the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Title of Talk: “Literacy Development for Multilingual Learners”
- Where: Friday Institute for Educational Innovation on NC State’s Centennial Campus (1890 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606)
- Etc.: A book signing and reception will follow the talk.
About the Featured Speaker
The Linguistic Diversity Speaker Series is organized by Goodnight Distinguished Professor in Educational Equity Maria Coady.
There has been a nearly 200% growth in multilingual students across the state of North Carolina within the last decade. We have a lot of work to do, and I think we can make a tremendous, significant difference.
Goodnight Distinguished Professor in Educational Equity