College of Education Calendar
Responding to Insurrection: How Do We Talk with Students?
- This event has passed.
During this virtual event hosted by the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation, which is part of the College of Education, a panel of experts will talk about how we as educators can engage students in constructive conversations about this challenging moment in our nation’s history:
- Angela Cusaac, M.Ed., assistant principal intern at L.B. Yancey and Pinkston Street Elementary School in Vance County
- Marlin Jones ’20MED, the 2020 North Carolina Council for Social Studies Teacher of the Year and social studies teacher at Broughton High School in Wake County
- Meghan Manfra, Ph.D., an associate professor of social studies education in the College of Education
- Hiller Spires, Ph.D., associate dean and executive director of the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation (moderator)
- LaTricia Townsend ’05MSA, ’13EDD, director of federal program monitoring and support with the N.C. Department of Public Instruction