- This event has passed.
METRC Grand Opening Expo
November 13, 2017 | 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Time: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Description: As part of American Education Week, celebrate our revitalized space, meet our new team and make your mark in METRC as we step forward into the next 90 years of the College of Education at NC State University!
- Scavenger Hunt → All Day → Join us for a Goose Chase around METRC discovering resources and marking the ways we can impact your experiences at the College of Education. The scavenger hunt will run for all of American Education Week and prizes will be announced on Friday, November 17
- Coffee and Conversations → 9-11 a.m. → Join the METRC team and faculty and staff from the College of Education to discuss books that made a mark on their growth and development as educators and readers. Coffee and light breakfast snacks will be available and you can enter your name for a prize drawing which will be held at the end of the day!
- Popcorn and Puzzles → Noon-2 p.m. → Can you solve a maker challenge? Can you get a hole in one with a robot? Can you …. breakout? Try out new technologies and challenge-based learning ideas with METRC resources that can make a mark on student learning. Popcorn and lemonade will be available and you can enter your name for a prize drawing which will be held at the end of the day!
- Meet the New METRC Reception → 4:30-6 p.m. → Drop in to explore METRC resources, meet our team members and enjoy appetizers and a mocktail. Be sure to enter your name in the prize drawing that will be held at 6:00.
- Prize Information: If you attend all events in METRC on November 13, you can enter your name in our drawing at each event. At Coffee and Conversations, you will be able to enter the drawing at each “conversation” station. At Puzzles and Popcorn, you will be able to enter the drawing after each puzzle/challenge that you solve.
- American Education Week: Libraries are vital to American education and throughout the week we will display books that made a mark on our College of Education Faculty and Staff, continue with the scavenger hunt begun on November 13 and share famous quotations and data about the impact of digital learning and future-ready school libraries.