The Leadership Institute for Future Teachers (LIFT) is a five-day, invitational program for students of color and bilingual students who are rising high school seniors in North Carolina and who are interested in enhancing their leadership skills and exploring a potential career in education. Students will delve into the field of education through engaging in field-based school activities, interacting with leaders in education and exploring career options in education and related fields.
When: Sunday, June 20-Thursday, June 24, 2021
- Sunday, June 20: Orientation
- Monday, June 21-Thursday, June 24: LIFT Program
- Friday, June 25: Closing Program
Where: Virtual (via Zoom)
Cost: Free to participants
What: A five-day, invitational program for bilingual students and students of color who are interested in exploring a potential career in education
Who: For academically-competitive students of color and bilingual students in North Carolina who are rising seniors in high school interested in education. They can be self-nominated or be nominated by high school counselors, teachers or principals to participate in the program.
- Engage in intensive and innovative activities
- Interact with statewide leaders in education
- Enhance communication and leadership skills to be competitive for statewide and national scholarships
- Develop friendships with like-minded high school students across the state
- Be mentored by current NC State students who will serve as program co-facilitators
- Receive ongoing encouragement and support after the program through digital engagement
LIFT Family Frequently Asked Questions
- learn about leadership development,
- engage with other students from around North Carolina,
- interact with an education mentor (E-mentor) throughout their senior year
- attend a fall and spring LIFT Academy to help them become competitive for scholarships and better understand the college admission process
Support the Leadership Institute for Future Teachers
Financial contributions make it possible for us to hold programs like LIFT and prepare extraordinary educators. You can help us inspire more high school seniors — particularly students of color and bilingual students — to explore careers in education with a gift to support LIFT.