Demetrius Richmond, Ph.D. is a highly self-motivated higher education servant leader whose 18+ year professional background includes teaching, leadership, and administrative experiences across several realms:
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Student Development, Student Retention & Success initiatives (high school, undergraduate & graduate)
- Strategic Planning, Policy Development
- Academic Advising & Support
- On-campus programming, Leadership Development
- Student/Academic Affairs Administration
- Enrollment Management & Recruitment
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Access programming
- Public Speaking & Effective Communication
- Staff management & Supervision
- Leadership & Staff Development
- African American Cultural Centers
He is a young professional with a passion to serve adults and he believes in the power of higher education and student support. It was during his teaching and graduate assistantships that he developed a commitment to working with and developing adults in higher education.
Originally from Memphis, TN, he graduated from the University of Central Arkansas with a bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies-Broadcasting in 2001. Three years later, in 2004, he graduated from the University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, with a master’s degree in Communication Studies. After graduating, he worked two years in the TRiO program, Student Support Services, as a Student Development Specialist & Communications Coordinator at the University of Arkansas, serving low income and first-generation students. It is in this position where he decided that the field of higher education was his professional path and passion.
His passion for helping students develop their “genius” eventually led him to the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, where he completed his Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration. While pursuing his degree, he complemented his academic endeavors by acquiring professional experiences in the Student Affairs and Academic Affairs realms.