Assistant Teaching Professor
Coordinator, Special Education Add-On Licensure
Teacher Education and Learning Sciences
Poe Hall 317J
Dr. Jordan Lukins is an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Teacher Education and Learning Sciences (TELS) at NC State University. She teaches courses in both the elementary education and special education program areas and coordinates the undergraduate special education add-on licensure program.
Dr. Lukins is a former North Carolina special educator with teaching experience in separate, resource, and inclusive settings as well as school district leadership and professional development in the areas of autism and low incidence disabilities. She is committed to the collaborative preparation of general education and special education teachers. Dr. Lukins’ courses prioritize developing general educators’ skills and dispositions to lead inclusive classrooms and developing special educators’ expertise in specially designed instruction and support. Her scholarly interests include teacher beliefs about disability and attitudes toward inclusion, the integration of critical disability studies in teacher education, and the social validity of evidence-based practices.
Ph.D. Education (Applied Developmental Science and Special Education) UNC Chapel Hill
M.A.Ed. Special Education East Carolina University
B.A. Elementary and Special Education Elon University
- Novice Teachers' Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Autism Education: Examining the Roles of Preparation and Perception , FOCUS ON AUTISM AND OTHER DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES (2022)
- Social Validity and Teachers’ Use of Evidence-Based Practices for Autism , Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders (2019)
- Meet Assistant Teaching Professor Jordan Lukins: ‘I Have Been Driven By a Passion to Create Classrooms and Schools Where All Students Are Valued, Included’
- Assistant Professor Jordan Lukins Selected as Recipient of DELTA Express Grant
- Thank an Advisor: What College of Education Undergraduate Students Are Saying About Their Advisors