Passionately committed, our faculty closely connect with our students to inspire them from day one and continue to work with them into the professional world.
Engaging in research that addresses current challenges, our faculty looks to solve important issues facing educators and their students today.
Join the Wolfpack
Ready to become a part of the Teacher Education and Learning Services department? Start the application process to take the next step towards your future today.
- Developing highly effective teachers in our disciplines through undergraduate and graduate teacher education.
- Inspiring culturally competent educators who are committed to equity and social justice.
- Advancing digital technologies into the professional preparation of teachers and other education professionals.
- Changing the field of education by engaging in research that addresses current challenges.
- Discovering, disseminating and producing new knowledge in our disciplines.
92% Employment Rate
With useful, effective degrees, the vast majority of the College of Education Class of 2013 are now working as teachers.
Recent NewsCollege of Education News
Feb 27, 2017
“Reforming Teaching and Teacher Education” Book Discussion
The Department of Teacher Education and Learning Sciences will host a book discussion with the editors of “Reforming Teaching and Teacher Education: Bright Prospects for Active Schools” Monday, Feb. 27,...
Feb 16, 2017
Fletcher Receives National Award for Doctoral Dissertation
Dr. Michael Shane Fletcher received his Ph.D. in literacy from the College of Education’s Department of Teacher Education and Learning Sciences in December 2016. He was recently honored with the...
Feb 10, 2017
Hybrid Master’s Helps Educators Integrate Technology and Global Learning to Support Diverse Learners
NC State’s New Literacies and Global Learning (NLGL) Master’s Program, a hybrid of online and face-to-face courses, helps experienced teachers learn cutting-edge instructional dispositions and approaches to better engage their...