Passionately committed, our faculty closely connect with our students to inspire them from day one and continue to work with them into the professional world.
Engaging in research that addresses current challenges, our faculty looks to solve important issues facing educators and their students today.
Join the Wolfpack
Ready to become a part of the Teacher Education and Learning Services department? Start the application process to take the next step towards your future today.
- Developing highly effective teachers in our disciplines through undergraduate and graduate teacher education.
- Inspiring culturally competent educators who are committed to equity and social justice.
- Advancing digital technologies into the professional preparation of teachers and other education professionals.
- Changing the field of education by engaging in research that addresses current challenges.
- Discovering, disseminating and producing new knowledge in our disciplines.
92% Employment Rate
With useful, effective degrees, the vast majority of the College of Education Class of 2013 are now working as teachers.
Recent News College of Education News
Apr 19, 2019
Exploring Social Issues and Youth Advocacy through New #PasstheMicYouth Podcast
Christy Byrd, an assistant professor of applied developmental sciences at the NC State College of Education, is helping a group of NC State undergraduates explore culture, youth leadership and advocacy...
Apr 17, 2019
NC State Education Associate Professor Margareta Thomson Concludes Fulbright Year in Romania
During her Fulbright year in Romania, Associate Professor Margareta Thomson worked on her project “Fostering Academic Motivation and a STEM Growth Mindset in High-Poverty Schools through Authentic Research Experiences” and...
Apr 17, 2019
Two Graduate Students to Become Members of NC State’s Preparing the Professoriate Program
Sarah Karamarkovich and Deidre Kelly, both graduate students at the NC State College of Education, have been selected as members of The Graduate School’s Preparing the Professoriate program for 2019-2020.