- This event has passed.
Integrating Diversity and Social Justice into Your Practice
May 5, 2021 | 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The TELS Diversity and Social Justice Committee presents Integrating Diversity and Social Justice in Your Practice — a distinguished panel of teachers, administrators, and researchers as they share best practices and practical strategies for making your teaching more equitable, anti-racist, and socially just. After the panel, breakout sessions will help participants plan for individualized next steps. This event will be held via Zoom.
- Sandra Shipp, 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher, Ligon Middle School
- Hannah Gray, Assistant Principal, Cliffdale Elementary School
- Daniel Kelvin Bullock, Executive Director for Equity Affairs for Durham Public Schools
- Rodney Trice, Assistant Superintendent for Equity Affairs for Wake County Public Schools
- Lauryn Mascareñaz, Director of Equity, Wake County Public Schools and Founder, RISE Equity Consulting
- Paula McAvoy, Assistant Professor of Social Studies Education, NC State University