Science leader cohorts initiate each summer in even years. Financial awards of up to $2,000 available!
The Master of Education (MEd) Elementary Science Leader degree program prepares teacher leaders who possess strong specialized content knowledge including a deep understanding of how elementary students learn and can apply such knowledge and understanding to their instructional and leadership practices. The program is considered Distance Education (DE) and offered off campus, at school sites in the region, to take advantage of reduced DE tuition rates. Financial awards of $2,000 that support tuition are available. Most courses are a combination of face-to-face and online instruction with professors who are experts in their fields that bring experience teaching elementary school students using theoretical and research-based methods that promote student learning and engagement.Apply Now
Time to Complete
The MEd programs are designed for practicing teachers with options to take one or two courses per semester. Typically, completion of the program takes 1.5 to 2 years.
The program combines science content and research-based instruction practices that support elementary students’ learning of science. Science content courses include an overview of life, physical, and earth/space science related to elementary standards and practices.
Advanced study to become a leader in elementary science opens doors and provides opportunities for you to:
- Improve your daily science instruction with your students
- Build instruction on recent research of how children learn science
- Teach science that spans all disciplines in an elementary school classroom
- Be a leader in elementary science at your school or district
- Support other teachers’ science instruction
- Become a curriculum developer
- Work in informal science education centers