Application deadline for science specialization is March 15, 2021, to start Summer 2021.
The Master of Education (MEd) Elementary Science Leader degree program prepares teacher leaders who possess strong specialized content knowledge including a deep understanding of how elementary students learn and can apply such knowledge and understanding to their instructional and leadership practices. The program is considered Distance Education (DE) and offered off campus, at school sites in the region, to take advantage of reduced DE tuition rates. Most courses are a combination of face-to-face and online instruction with professors who are experts in their fields that bring experience teaching elementary school students using theoretical and research-based methods that promote student learning and engagement.
Time to Complete
Advanced study to become a leader in elementary science opens doors and provides opportunities for you to:
- Improve your daily science instruction with your students
- Build instruction on recent research of how children learn science
- Teach science that spans all disciplines in an elementary school classroom
- Be a leader in elementary science at your school or district
- Support other teachers’ science instruction
- Become a curriculum developer
- Work in informal science education centers
Receive More Info on Master's in Elementary EducationComplete this form to have someone contact you about the master's in elementary education program.
Sarah J. Carrier
Graduate Program Coordinator
Graduate Student Services Specialist