The NC State College of Education recognized 18 students with awards for their leadership, achievements, and dedication to the field of education during its 7th Annual Spotlight Awards ceremony Thursday, April 12.
“The Educate, Innovate, and Inspire motto is taken to heart by all students in the College of Education,” said Fumi Agboola, president of the Ed Council.
“Students work tirelessly to be the best they can be for their students, for their community, and for the world. It is only right during tonight’s occasion that we honor these students for their hard work and dedication to the College and their respective student organizations.”
The Education Council, the umbrella organization for all student organizations within the College of Education, presented the awards.
Outstanding Student Organization or Program Members
- Mason Taylor | Ambassadors
- Morgan McEntire | Ed Council
- Audrey Moore and Lilly Smithdeal | Elementary Education Organization
- James Daniels and Kelsey Metcalf | Multicultural Young Educators Network
- Bethany Helms | North Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Jed McLaughlin | National Science Teachers Association
- Nikole Miller and Hayley Sullivan | Passport to Success
- Chantal Warfield | Students Advocating for Youth
- Alix Howard | Student North Carolina Association of Educators
- Michael St. Clare | Technology and Engineering Education Collegiate Association
College of Education Spirit Award
- Kelsi Harris
Community Service Award
- Kaitlyn Winter
Rising Leader Award
- Aaliyah Whitfield
Golden Apple Future Teacher Award
- Megan Daughtridge and Hannah Smith