Please join us for the METRC Faculty Institute May 15th from 9:00-3:00
Theme: Active Learning with Digital Tools
Registration: Click Here! (Note: If you can’t make the 15th, sessions will be repeated on August 8 and August 24)
Schedule: You can attend individual or multiple/all sessions
Resources: Click here for digital tool resources from these sessions
- 9:00-10:00 Actively Learn – in this session we will set up an account, create a course reading assignment and demonstrate how to assess student work. Actively Learn is an online platform to create interactive reading for your students with embedded questions and discussion.
- 10:00-11:00 PlayPosit and H5P – both of these tools allow instructors to create interactive videos and lessons based on videos. The College of Ed has a new paid subscription to the pro version of PlayPosit. H5P will be integrated with Moodle beginning in Fall 18 and has a variety of interactive content creators.
- 11:00-12:00 VoiceThread – the College of Education’s paid subscription to VoiceThread allows you to create groups of students who can interact with content you put in VoiceThread (presentations, video, images, etc.). Students can comment, discuss, annotate and more within the platform. The College has had a subscription for many years but there have been updates and new use cases that may enhance your teaching both online and in face to face courses.
- 12:00-1:30 Lunch Petting Zoo – join us in getting hands-on with the cool technologies and equipment available in METRC – visit the Jamboard, experience Virtual and Augmented reality, play with a cute 360 camera, tour a BreakoutEDU and interact with robots and computational thinking as well as 3-D printing.
- 1:30-3:00 Online Assessment Tools and Top Hat – use the variety of free and NC State paid for tools to add more assessment and feedback options to your classes. Use tools like Kahoot, Quizziz and Mentimeter to liven presentations and lectures. Use Top Hat for more involved assessment and curriculum deployment in your face to face courses.