Finding the right book
Browsing and Finding Books in METRC
Websites & Resources to Find a Book
Use the resources below to find book recommendations or books that fit your curriculum. Then use our catalog or ebooks to find and read the book!
Reading Lists, Reviews, Award Winners, Lesson Ideas, etc. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for usernames or passwords.
- Find lesson plans, reading lists, author name pronunciations, audio excerpts from books and more
- CLCD – Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database
- A collection of award listings, reviews, and subject guides for children’s literature
- Search read-alikes for books you or kids like to read and find book lists/recommendations for age groups, genres, and more
- Virtual Book Displays
- Books and ebooks housed in METRC organized around themes
- Create an account and access reviews by readers of all ages, book lists, etc. – books also connect to local libraries and stores so you can access the title. If you use GoodReads to find a book, click on the “Libraries” link – then go to “Find Text at NCSU” and then “Search the Catalog” – this will show you if the book is available at METRC. NOTE – you must be on the NCSU network for this to work.
- Livebinder of Online, Free K–12 Texts
- NC Live
- NC Live has a host of information, including free ebooks, articles, a literature database, and workshops. If you’re on the ncsu network, it will automatically log you in as an NC State user.