Academic Research is a recursive process. For assistance in classes or more information about academic research, check out these resources:
If you need specific research help or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact Shaun Bennett. We can also embed modules and resources in online classes for graduate students or undergraduates. Sample Moodle modules/co-teaching – use Anonymous Access:
Copyright and Citation
Following copyright law and citing sources correctly are tricky in the world of digital publishing and academic research. See how we can help make it easier.
METRC Equipment with Research Potential
Please note, when it comes to research, METRC is lenient with things we have plenty of, such as video cameras, microphones, voice recorders, etc. However, for high-use or small inventory items, such as computers, iPads, and VR equipment, we have to be more limited.
- Video Cameras with Bluetooth Lapel Mics (request these specifically when checking out)
- Swivl – robotic devices that work with a tablet and follow the speaker via a tracker that records audio – request via our Special Request link
- Audio Voice Recorders (connect to your personal laptop with a USB)
- Consider checking out an iOS device – or using your own – with an app like VoiceRecord Pro which saves to Google Drive
- Transcription Pedals (require a software download to a personal laptop)
- Can be useful for pausing/restarting recordings when typing a transcription
- Makerspace Equipment to use with students including robotics, virtual reality, circuitry kits, etc.
More information is available on the Technology Lending page.