NC State Library ebooks can be found via the lib.ncsu.edu catalog search. College of Education eBook collections can be accessed here:
How do I find the right book?
K-12, teaching professional and graduate support books are available both as eBooks and as print books. The collections are useful for pleasure reading as well as for teaching with literature and helping students understand concepts through informational text/nonfiction. You can search for books online or come into METRC to browse. These guides will help you navigate the collections or find more information about various books/texts.
- TeachingBooks.net to find collections of teaching materials/resources, author information, reviews, text leveling information and more
- username (ncsucedmetrc) and password (wolfpack)
- Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database and NoveList Plus on NC Live
- Access reviews, text leveling, “read-alikes” and more
- Virtual Book Displays to find that just-right book you are looking for
- Text Leveling Guidance (also look for labels on the front cover of most books)
Print Book Delivery
Books from Tripsaver/Interlibrary Loan and other libraries on campus can also be picked up at METRC. Find books at METRC or other library locations at NC State by clicking on the Search link above or going to https://www.lib.ncsu.edu
Be sure to set up METRC as your default delivery library
Go to “My Account” on the library website and in “Account Info” set your “Pickup Library” to College of Education Media Center — more Tripsaver information here.
print titles in METRC
eBooks in OverdriveDownload to your eReader
Textbooks are provided by publishers when NC DPI goes through and adoption process. Not all currently adopted textbooks are actually being used in schools. Textbooks should be used as a reference and to evaluate for students learning to teach with a textbook.