Meet Our Award-Winning Alumni
From first-year teachers receiving accolades for their work in the classroom to veteran educators being honored for their work in the field, NC State College of Education alumni continue to demonstrate excellence in education. Here’s a look at some of the awards they have received this year.
Recognition at the National, State and District Levels
During the past academic year, our alumni received numerous accolades, including being named:
- National School Psychologist of the Year
- North Carolina Principal of the Year
- Durham Public Schools’ Teacher of the Year
- Johnston County Public Schools’ Outstanding First-Year Teacher
- Wake County Public School System’s Principal of the Year
- Wake County Public School System’s Teacher of the Year
- Wake County Public School System’s Diane Kent-Parker First-Year Teacher
I quickly learned that being a teacher is so much more than lesson planning and teaching. Every day of this job is an adventure. . . and the College of Education did an amazing job shaping me into the teacher
Cristina Chase Lane ’18
Help us prepare more extraordinary educators
I feel I have a relationship with every single member of our school family. We are all committed to preparing kids for what comes next…Relationships are what get me up in the morning
Matthew Bristow-Smith ’14MSA
I believe it is a privilege and honor to be a teacher because teachers are the ones who make all professions possible.
Lance Atkinson ’18MAT
Why Extraordinary Educators Choose Us:
#1 Teaching Alumni on Statewide Performance Measures
#1 Producer of STEM Educators in N.C.
#1 College for Education Majors in N.C.
Sources: NCDPI, UNC System, College Magazine