The Best Organizational Phone Apps for Teachers
The start of the new semester brings new opportunities to organize your classroom and improve methods of teaching and communication.
Luckily, in today’s digitally-focused society there are more tools than ever before to help you get and stay organized. Bethany V. Smith, M.S. and Director of our Media, Education and Technology Resource Center, shares her favorite organizational phone apps that are ideal for teachers.
- DocScan is extremely helpful for teachers needing to scan and save articles, book pages, tests, whiteboard images and notes. Scan the material using your phone and send it via fax, email or upload to Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud. Download the app from iTunes here.
- Remind is a simple and secure way to communicate with students and parents by sending updates, reminders and questions to any device. Students and parents can receive notifications by text message, on the app, on the web, and by email. Download it here from iTunes and here from Google Play.
- Pocket is a tool to save articles, posts or content that relates to your subject. Use your saved articles later to reference in class or send to students to read. Download it here from iTunes and here from Google Play.
- Google Drive is a helpful platform that allows you to create and store documents, spreadsheets, presentations and photos in the cloud. Download it here from iTunes and here from Google Play.
- Pick a Student is an app that randomly generates the names of your students so you can easily ask questions during class or assign groups. Download it here from iTunes.
- Wunderlist is the to do list of to do lists. It allows for prioritization of your different lists, syncs across devices and allows for items to be crossed off! Download it here from iTunes and here from Google Play.
- Evernote keeps all of your notes in one place. Sync notes from your computer, tablet or phone. Keep all your meeting notes in one place and have them with you whenever you are! Download it here from iTunes and here from Google Play.