Why Did You Choose Education?
Share Your Story. Win Prizes.
There are three ways you can join the #WhyIChoseEducation campaign.
- Record a short video of yourself sharing why you chose the field of education. Post the video to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with a description and the hashtag #WhyIChoseEducation. (Make sure your account is public so we see it.)
- Take a photo of something (like a thank you note from a student) or a selfie in a setting (like a classroom) that represents why you chose the field of education. Post the photo to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with a description and the hashtag #WhyIChoseEducation. (Make sure your account is public so we see it.)
- Complete this form and submit your story that explains why you chose the field of education. Include a photo of yourself or an image that connects to your story if possible.
When you share your story, you will be entered into a random drawing for an NC State prize pack. We’ll have several random drawings throughout 2017-18, and we’ll announce the winners here and in our weekly News & Notes digest.View Your Stories
Congrats to Student Video Winners
We asked students to create a video for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to the NC State Bookstores. We received over a dozen entries, and faculty and staff voted on their favorite videos. Congrats to the winners!
Why I Chose Education Social Media Frames
Show your NC State College of Education pride and help us celebrate the field of education by using a special-edition #WhyIChoseEducation profile picture frame.
Update your profile picture with one of three available social media frames.
- Step 1: Click your preferred frame below.
- Step 2: Set the frame as your temporary Facebook profile picture.
- Step 3: Save your new profile picture to your camera roll and use it across your social media accounts.