Mr. Sutton teaches a variety of graphics courses, works with the Technology and Engineering Educators Collegiate Association (TEECA), and is an active member in the Alpha Pi Chapter of Epsilon Pi Tau.
Mr. Sutton’s current research is focused on investigating performance assessment practices in engineering design graphics courses. His other interests include developing Integrative STEM activities and iterative design.
Graduate Certificate in Integrative STEM Education from Virginia Tech in 2013
MAEd in Curriculum and Instruction from Virginia Tech in 2013
BS in Technology Education from North Carolina State University in 2012
Minor in Graphic Communications from North Carolina State University in 2012
Selected Scholarly Publications
- Ernst, J. V., Williams, T. O., Clark, A.C., Kelly, D. P. & Sutton, K. (under review). K-12 STEM educator autonomy: An investigation of school influence and classroom control. Journal of STEM Education.
- Sutton, K., Grubbs, M., & Ernst, J. (2014). Design Under Constraints: Cell Phone Case Design Challenge. The Technology Teacher, 74(2), 12-17.
- Swinson, R. Clark, A. C., Ernst, J. V., & Sutton, K. (2016). Design, Test, Redesign: Simulation in Technology, Engineering, and Design Education Classrooms. The Technology Teacher, 75(7), 8-12.
- Swinson, R. Clark, A. C., Ernst, J. V., & Sutton, K. (2016). New Roles for Project Design Engineers. The Technology Teacher, 75(8), 8-12.
- Sutton, K. G., Busby, J. R., Kelly, D. P. (In Press). Multicopter Design Challenge. The Technology Teacher.
- TDE 205 Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging
- TDE 230 Scientific and Technical Visualization
- GC 340 Website Development
- GC 250 Architectural Graphic Communications
- GC 120 Foundation of Graphics
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Classroom Teaching, North Carolina State University Graduate Student Association (3/2016)
- Outstanding Member Award for service and leadership in Epsilon Pi Tau, North Carolina State Education Council (3/2016)
- William Warner 2106 Graduate Student Research Award, Epsilon Pi Tau (2/2016)
- Epsilon Pi Tau Robert & Marilyn Wenig Scholarship, North Carolina State University College of Education (8/2014)
- Donald Maley Spirit of Excellence Outstanding Graduate Student Citation, International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (3/2014)
- Outstanding Senior Award in Technology Education, North Carolina State University College of Education (5/2012)