Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education from North Carolina State University in 1996
Master of Education in Human Development Counseling from Vanderbilt University in 1989
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and English from Emory University in 1986
Selected Scholarly Publications
- Warren, J., Nassar-McMillan, S., Lupton-Smith, H., Phillips, G, Schwartze, M., (in process). Practical solutions for surviving supervision: A supervisor’s toolbox.
- Nassar-McMillan, S., Gressard, R., Warren, J., Shores, A., & Lupton-Smith, H. (in process). Evidenced Based Practice; Empirical and Practical Comparisons of Dyadic and Triadic Supervision Approaches.
- Nassar-McMillan, S., Gressard, R., Lupton-Smith, H., Warren, J., & Shores, A. (in process). Consensual Qualitative Research (CQR): Applications for Research in Counseling Education Supervision.
- Lupton-Smith, Helen. (2004). Peer Mediation. In Edwin Gerler Jr. (ed.) Handbook of School Violence (pp. 137-159). Binghamton, New York: Haworth Press.
- Watt, S.K., Robinson, T.L., & Lupton-Smith, H.S. (Win. 2002). Building ego and racial identity: Preliminary Perspectives on Counselors-in-Training. The Journal of Counseling and Development, 80(1), 94-100.
- Techniques in Counseling
- Practicum in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Research and Assessment in Counseling
- Gender Issues in Counseling
- Cross Cultural Counseling
- Group/administrative Supervision for Doctoral students