Michelle Bartlett is a faculty member at North Carolina State University and serves as the Raleigh Cohort lead for the EdD in Community College Leadership. Michelle has years of experience designing and facilitating training in areas of improvement in higher education, post-secondary education, business, and government programs. With extensive experience creating programs, Michelle has delivered career workshops which include Leadership, Change Management, Conflict Management, Communication Skills, Empowering Middle Management, and Improving Training Effectiveness, Universal Design for Learning, Accessibility Design in Online Environments, and Instructional Design..
Michelle received her Ph.D. at Clemson University in Higher Education Leadership with a cognate in statistics. Prior to her doctoral work, she received her Master’s in Human Resource Development at the University of Louisville. Michelle works closely with ATD, facilitating monthly workshops for the local chapter eLearning SIG. She serves as Professional Development Trustee for the Association for Career and Technical Education Research, VP for Membership Retention on the Research Triangle Area Chapter Board for the Association for Talent Development, and co-founder of the UNITE Design Lab.
- EAC 551 Research Methods
- EAC 556 Organization Change in HRD
- EAC 559 The Adult Learner
- EAC 580 Designing Instructional Systems in Training and Development
- EAC 581 Advanced Instructional Design in T&D
- EAC 582 Org. and Operation of T&D Programs
- EAC 583 Needs Assessment and Task Analysis in T & D
- EAC 584 Evaluating Training Transfer and Effectiveness
- EAC 586 Methods and Techniques of Training and Development
- EAC 704 Leadership In Higher and Community College Ed.
- EAC 712 The Change Process in Adult Education
- EAC 788 Applied Qualitative Data Analysis
- EAC 803 Research Seminar in Adult and Higher education
Doctor of Philosophy Higher Educational Leadership, Cognate Statistics Clemson University
Master of Science Human Resource Education University of Louisville
- Adult Workforce and Continuing Professional Education
- Business, Career & Technical Education
- Career, Business, and Technical Education
- Community College
- Distance & Online Education
- Instructional Design
- Leadership & Administration
- Online Teaching & Learning
- Professional Development
- Workforce Development & Vocational Education
- Workforce Development and CTE
- Workplace Learning
Honors and Awards
- The Wagner Award for Leadership in Distance Learning Administration, sponsored by SmarterServices, July 2021
- 2021 DLA Best Paper Award, Impact of competency-linked online education & students’ perceived workforce readiness.
- 2021 NISOD Excellence Award recipient. National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. January 2021.
- ACTER Meritorious Service Award. Association of Career and Technical Education Research, December 2020.
- Challenge Coin, NC State Military and Veterans Services, May 2020