3D Printer Training
3D Printing Policies
- No weapons or parts of weapons can be printed under any circumstances.
- All prints must be for professional or academic purposes within the College of Education or Psychology. Personal projects can be printed at DH Hill’s Makerspace for free.
- METRC 3D printing is only available to CED and Psychology students.
Get started now:
- Read up on some of the terms used in 3D printing
- Thingiverse – repository of designs and ideas
- 3-D printing in Education (cool poster for your lab or library)
- Tinkercad Quests
Software to make 3D models:
- Tinkercad (web-based) — Tinkercad uses geometric solids to
- OnShape (web-based)
- Thingiverse Customizer (web-based)
- Solidworks (on Desktops in Open Lab)
- Autodesk Inventor (Student 3-year download)
- Freecad (Open Source Download)