All patrons using the test library must complete a User Qualification Form. A collection of standardized test materials is available for use by authorized NCSU persons. Tests are copyrighted and are only available as evaluation copies. Students who need to administer a test that is prohibited by copyright will need to make arrangements to buy copies of the test from the publisher. NOTE: Tests must be used in Poe Hall and are not permitted to be photocopied.
- The METRC test collection is searchable online through the library catalog using the advanced search feature.
- Go to lib.ncsu.edu –> search for a testing keyword i.e. reading
- From the search results select “Books and Media”
- Under “library,” limit the search to “METRC” and select format to be “Tests”
- For evaluations of tests, consult the Mental Measurements Yearbook via the library’s online catalog.
If you want to administer a test (even to yourself), you are required to contact the author or publisher to obtain a copy of the test or instrument or permission to use the test or instrument.
For samples of state testing materials see our K-12 Textbook collection or the NCDPI website
Links to Online & Free Tests
- ETS Test Collection (database of more than 25,000 tests and measurements):https://www.ets.org/test_link/about(link is external)