All patrons using the test library must complete a User Qualification Form. A collection of standardized test materials is available for use by authorized NCSU persons. Tests are copyrighted and are only available as evaluation copies. Students who need to administer a test that is prohibited by copyright will need to make arrangements to buy copies of the test from the publisher.
- The test collection is searchable online through the library catalog. To do this use the advance search feature, limit the search to “METRC,” and search by keyword.
- For test reviews, individuals should consult the Mental Measurements Yearbook. This can only be accessed online through the library catalog.
If you want to administer a test, you required to contact the author or publisher to obtain a copy of the test or instrument or permission to use the test or instrument.
For samples of state testing materials see our K-12 Textbook collection or the NCDPI website
Links to Online & Free Tests
- ETS Test Collection (database of more than 25,000 tests and measurements):https://www.ets.org/test_link/about(link is external)
- International Personality Item Pool: a scientific collaborator for the development of advanced measures of personality and other individual differences: https://ipip.ori.org/(link is external)
- PsychWebTesting and Assessment Resources: https://www.psywww.com/resource/bytopic/testing.html(link is external)
- Self-Report Measures: https://www.psy.miami.edu/faculty/ccarver/CCscales.html(link is external)
- Dr. Cohen’s Perceived Stress Scale (PSS): https://www.psy.cmu.edu/~scohen/(link is external)
- Exercise/Physical Health Measures and Surveys: https://www.drjamessallis.sdsu.edu/measures.html(link is external)