Our physical books are available for anyone at NC State to borrow. We have:
- K-12 fiction and nonfiction books (picture books, middle grades, YA, graphic novels)
- K-12 textbooks
- Professional teaching & books for research
- Manipulative kits and DVDs
Textbooks are provided by publishers when NC DPI goes through an adoption process. Not all currently adopted textbooks are actually being used in schools. Textbooks should be used as a reference and to evaluate for students learning to teach with a textbook.
All books on reserve can be picked up at the front desk. Please make sure to either have the title of the book or the professor’s name and class number. Reserve titles only check out for two hours at a time, and you must stay in METRC while using the book.
Requesting books – Tripsaver
Check out this step-by-step guide on requesting books
Books from Tripsaver/Interlibrary Loan and other libraries on campus can also be picked up at METRC. Find books at METRC or other library locations at NC State by clicking on the Search link above or going to https://www.lib.ncsu.edu
Be sure to set up METRC as your default delivery library
Go to “My Account” on the library website and in “Account Info” set your “Pickup Library” to College of Education Media Center — more Tripsaver information here.
Loan Periods: How long can I keep it?
- Books: 30 days (students); 90 days (faculty/graduate students)
- Current State-Adopted K-12 textbooks: 14 days
- Reserves: 2 hours in media center or otherwise specified by Faculty member.
- Kits: 7 days
- DVDs: 3 days
- Equipment: Most equipment checks out for a 7 day period
- Renew by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or calling METRC (919-515-3191).
Overdue, Lost, Damaged Materials: $25.00 processing fee is added to the replacement cost of each lost item. We follow the same policies on overdue materials as the NCSU Libraries. Appeals regarding lost or missing books can be filed here: https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/borrow/appeal. Equipment that is lost or damaged will be assessed at the original price of the equipment or the cost of repair. Before contacting NCSU Libraries about paying a fine, please contact us to work a replacement plan.