- Initial Spring 2016 tuition billing (University Cashier’s Office)
- Graduate Certificate Training – 10am-noon in room 108 in the Avent Ferry Lab. Email Dare Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a seat
- Deadline to apply to graduate Fall 2015
- Registration required Electronic Thesis/Dissertation (ETD) review deadline – Date by which a thesis or dissertation student must unconditionally pass the final exam, have the ETD review, and be registered in the current semester in order to graduate at the end of the current semester. Students will not be allowed to register in the same academic program for any subsequent semester.
- Dr. Johnston, Dean of Postgraduate Research at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand, will be on our campus as a guest of The Graduate School, offering presentations on mentoring for different groups.
- Final error free ETD deadline – Date by which a graduate student who is expecting to graduate Fall 2015 must submit the final, error free PDF file of his/her ETD in order to graduate at the end of the current semester.
- ETD Committee approval deadline – Date by which a graduate student who is expecting to graduate Fall 2015 must receive final committee approval of his/her ETD
Spring 2016 Tuition & Health Insurance | Graduate Student Support Plan
Initial University Cashier’s Office billing for Spring 2016 tuition and associated academic fees will begin November 3rd. The Graduate Support System (manages all Graduate Student Support Plan eligibility, awards, and funding) is already applying tuition and health insurance sponsorship to student billing accounts who have already met all Graduate Student Support Plan eligibility requirements for Spring 2016.
Please be aware that, as in previous semesters, Graduate Student Support Plan tuition and health insurance support will not apply to student billing accounts until the student has complete/established all eligibility requirements in the HR and Student Information Systems. Please refer to the guides listed below if students have questions regarding Graduate Student Support Plan eligibility for tuition and/or health insurance.
GSSP Handbook — www.ncsu.edu/grad/support-
Eligibility Summary/Checklist — www.ncsu.edu/grad/support-
Semesters of Benefits Eligibility — www.ncsu.edu/grad/support-
Receiving GSSP Benefits Flow Chart — www.ncsu.edu/grad/support-
Professional Development Events – New workshops available!
Registration is now open for the professional development workshops scheduled from now through the end of the semester. Check out the workshop descriptions on our website and then use the following link to register: go.ncsu.edu/pflevents. Seats fill quickly, so register today!
NEW Workshop – Getting The Best Mentoring Relationship With Your Advisors. Speaker, Dr. Lucy Johnston. Wednesday, November 18th at 9:30am in Talley Student Union Ballroom. To register, visit go.ncsu.edu/pflevents
NEW Workshop – Networking: Why You Need to do it Early, and How to Get Started. Wednesday, November 11th in Witherspoon 126 at 3:30 pm. Sponsored by UGSA. To learn more and register, visit here!
December Dissertation Institute – Applications open soon!
The application period for the December 2015 Dissertation Institute is open! Doctoral candidates at the writing stage of their dissertation are invited to join us for this week-long dissertation bootcamp December 14-18, 2015. For more information, including deadlines and the application form, please visit our Dissertation Institute webpage. Seats are limited and fill quickly, so turn in your application ASAP! The deadline to apply is November 24th.