The Global Undergraduate Award is to support our undergraduate students to take advantage of the opportunity to study outside of the United States. The awards range from $500 to $1500. The following criteria will be considered by the award review committee in selecting award recipients:
- Student must be an undergraduate student
- Student’s first major must be in the College of Education.
- Student must be enrolled full time.
- Student must participate in one of NC State’s approved list of semester or short term study abroad programs.
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated high financial need.
- Preference will be given to students studying abroad through College of Education programs however student’s studying on other NC State programs will be considered.
Award recipients are required to share knowledge gained through their study abroad experience with the college community upon return through a presentation, written content and/or other activity agreed upon with the Director of Global Programs.
The award will be placed on the student account and will reduce the student’s debt to the university.