Tamara V. Young, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator, Educational Research and Policy Analysis--Elementary and Secondary Education
Educational Research and Policy Analysis
Educational Research Areas:
Politics of Education
Implementation of Educational Policy
I carryout or supervise research in three research strands: the politics of education, STEM education, and implementation research. For additional details, select the link under the Curriculum Vitae section.
Theory and Practice in Education Evaluation
Applied Research Methods in Education
Policy Research in Education
Implementation Evaluation in Education
School and Society
Professional Presentations & Publications:
- Jacobsen, R. & Young, T.V. (2013). The new politics of accountability: Research in retrospect and prospect.Educational Policy, 27(2), 155-169. doi:10.1177/0895904813478164 (See authors note on p. 169 that indicates authors contributed equally to this article.)
- Jacobsen, R. & Young, T.V. (2013). The new politics of accountability. Podcast.
- Young, T.V. (2011). Teachers Unions in turbulent times: Maintaining Their Niche.Peabody Journal of Education. 86(3), 338-351.
- Young, T.V., Lewis, W.D., & Sanders, M.S. (2010). Structural location and reputed Influence in state reading policy issue networks. American Journal of Education, 117:25-49. doi: 10.1086/656345
- Young, T.V., Shepley, T.V. & Song, M. (2010). Agenda setting in state educational policy: An application of Kingdon’s multiple streams model. Educational Policy Analysis Archives, 18(15).
- Opfer, V.D., Young, T.V. & Fusarelli, L.D. (2008). Politics of interest groups and advocacy coalitions in American education. In B. Cooper, J. Cibulka & L. Fusarelli (Eds.), Handbook of education politics and policy (pp. 195-216). New York: Routledge.
- Song, M. & Young, T.V. (2008). Reading: policy, politics, and processes. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.